4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know how to solve ERROR 2044?

Dear community,

I'm trying to load to STATPLANET PLUS a shapefile that I edited on QGIS 1.8.0. Everything seems normal and I follow the instructions to run a shapefile that are on the website (prepare DBF file, etc) but when I click on the flash icon to run STATPLANET I always get:

"Error #2044: Unhandled ioError:. text=Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: file:///C|/Users/fernando/Desktop/StatPlanet%5FPlus/Shapefile%5Fmap%5F%28ESRI%29/map/map.shp
at com.cartogrammar.shp::ShpMap()
at SHPreader()"

Could anyone help me?

Thanks!
Regards!

PD I click then "Dismiss" and nothing happens, the program stays on the cover initial screen.

StatSilk's picture

Hi,
The error indicates that the map.shp file cannot be found in the directory indicated in the error message. Please note that there are two map directories, one in the main directory, and one in the sub-directory "web", as described on p.3 of the quick start guide. It could also be that this particular file is open in another program (e.g. QGIS).

I hope that resolves the issue.

Best,

Frank

Thanks for your answer Frank. It was because the names of the maps on the map folder were not being updated when clicking on update_map, i just had to do it manually.

Best regards.

StatSilk's picture

Thanks for your update and glad to hear it is resolved. The update_map script might have been confused if there were many map files in that folder.

Best,

Frank

USER LOGIN