4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mac StatPlanet Plus Data Editor Error

Hi,

I recently downloaded the desktop version of StatPlanet Plus for Mac, but the StatPlanet_data_editor.xslm file is read-only. Someone suggested making sure I extracted the files correctly, but when I downloaded it, the file was not a zip file so I didn't need to extract anything. I can clear the data but it won't save and gives me an error. I opened up the debug option and the line "ActiveWorkbook.Save" is highlighted.

Many thanks,

Julie

StatSilk's picture

Hi Julie,

The StatPlanet Plus download for Mac is indeed a ZIP file. Mac has built-in support for extracting files from a ZIP. On a Mac when you download the file you normally get an option to automatically extract the contents using Archive Utility. If the files were extracted with Archive Utility and you open the StatPlanet Data Editor from the location where it was extracted, and you still get a read-only message, you could try the following: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/mac-word-help/set-or-clear-read-only-s...

These instruction should enable you to remove the read-only status of the file (so close the file, clear the read-only status, and open it again). If you still have problems please let me know and it will be looked into further.

Best,

Frank

Hi Frank,

When I open the data editor in the Downloads folder (where the file was extracted from), it still has a read-only message. Furthermore, when I tried going to the Action tab and Get Info like the help page suggests, the "Locked" check box is already unchecked, so checking/unchecking it doesn't change anything. I've also tried changing the sharing and permissions privileges, but that doesn't seem to do anything either. Thanks!

Julie

StatSilk's picture

Hi Julie,

Sorry to hear this doesn't resolve it, I will look into this further. In the meantime you could open the StatPlanet Data Editor and save as for example 'StatPlanet_data_editor2.xlsm'. When you save the data, it will produce 'data2.csv' and settings2.csv' which would need to be renamed to 'data.csv' and 'settings.csv'. I hope that might be a temporary solution.

Best,

Frank

USER LOGIN