6 posts / 0 new
Last post
TypeError #1010/Map Legend Problem.

So I'm getting the error below. 

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.

at content_fla::MainTimeline/updateMap()

at content_fla::MainTimeline/refreshLegend()

at content_fla::MainTimeline/varClick()

at com.statplanet::IndicatorsPanel/dovarClick()

Here's what I'm doing: I'm graphing the top country people immigrate from per state. For example in 2010 for Texas, Mexico was the top country where people migrated from. Since I am using not using numbers, I am using a Qualitative (descriptive) map legend. Below is my schema.    

0=[0x377EB8][Bosnia Herzegovina] 1=[0xE41A1C][Canada] 2=[0x4DAF4A][Cuba] 3=[0x984EA3][Dominican Republic] 4=[0xFF7F00][India] 5=[0xFFFF33][Jamaica] 6=[0xA65628][Mexico] 7=[0xF781BF][Philippines] 8=[0xCCCC00][Somalia] 9=[0xFF0A85][Sudan] 10=[0x00CCCC][Vietnam] 11=[0x00FF1A][El Salvador] 12=[0x0000AD][Ethiopia] 13=[0x3D3D3D][China]

My excel data matches this schema as well just like the instructions on the manual specified it. I'm almost positive I am doing this correctly because I was able to do it for another indicator. 

Here is the indicator that I successfully added a qualitative legend to. I was listing the top occupation for each state from 2003-2010

0=[0x377EB8][Military] 1=[0xE41A1C][Operators/Laborer] 2=[0x4DAF4A][Management/Professional] 3=[0x984EA3][Service] 4=[0xFF7F00][Construction/Repair] 5=[0xFFFF33][Production/Transportation] 6=[0xA65628][Students]

The only thing that I can think of that is giving me this type error is that my data for the top countries per states only goes from 2006-2010. I've tried almost everything I can think of. 

Please help. 

Another strange thing I noticed is that once I hit the "Dismiss All" button after I get the error, it colors the map accordingly to how I specified it to. I can even scroll to a different  year and the map colors and text update accordingly for the "top country" indicator. However, when I go to 2003 (a year I don't have data from) and back to 2008 (year I have data for) it does not color or update the United States map. 

I am also using the default U.S. map that is provided when you download the StatPlanet Plus Software. 

Any suggestions? My data only has values 0-13 like the ones I specified. 

Thanks, 

Ana 

M

My M

StatSilk's picture

Hi Ana,
This is related to the number of qualitative map legend items exceeding 9. More than 9 map legend items is currently only supported for regular quantitative map legends. I will look into this though and get back to you.
Best,
Frank

Thanks for the prompt response! Looking forward to see if you are able to find an alternative solution! Thanks Frank!

Hi Frank, 
Is there an update on this? 
Thanks, 
Ana 

StatSilk's picture

Hi Ana,
StatPlanet Plus v 3.2 is expected to be released within a week, and it will support qualitative map legends with up to 15 items.
Best,
Frank

StatSilk's picture

Hi Ana,

This is just to let you know v 3.2 has been released which supports up to 20 qualitative map legend categories.
Best,
Frank

USER LOGIN